Justin Kier leads George Mason over Saint Joseph's 85-60
- Krzyzewski ties Wooden, No. 1 Duke rolls
- Hofstra hands UCLA 1st loss under Cronin
- Izzo quits board as waiver appeal denied
- Ewing wins at MSG as Hoyas beat Texas
- NCAA gives NC State deadline to respond
PHILADELPHIA (AP) Justin Kier had 18 points, five assists and grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds to lead George Mason to an 85-60 victory over Saint Joseph's on Thursday night in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both teams.
Kier made four 3-pointers and collected his third double-double of the season for George Mason (7-7, 1-0), which has won three of its last four games including a 59-58 loss at Kansas State on Dec. 29.
The game was tied at 46 with 14:13 remaining before George Mason pulled away with a 20-9 run for a 20-point lead with about five minutes left.
Updated January 3, 2019