Justin Kier leads George Mason over Saint Joseph's 85-60
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) Justin Kier had 18 points, five assists and grabbed a career-high 14 rebounds to lead George Mason to an 85-60 victory over Saint Joseph's on Thursday night in the Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both teams.
Kier made four 3-pointers and collected his third double-double of the season for George Mason (7-7, 1-0), which has won three of its last four games including a 59-58 loss at Kansas State on Dec. 29.
The game was tied at 46 with 14:13 remaining before George Mason pulled away with a 20-9 run for a 20-point lead with about five minutes left.
Updated January 3, 2019