Bogues with 18, Stephen F. Austin edges SE Louisiana 65-60
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
- Louisville's Slazinski has appendicitis
- Izzo welcomes expectations for Spartans
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP) Shannon Bogues scored 18 points and grabbed four rebounds as Stephen F. Austin edged Southeastern Louisiana 65-60 in a Southland Conference opener Wednesday night.
Stephen F. Austin was 19 of 27 from the foul line (70 percent) and had 12 team steals contributing to 23 SE Louisiana turnovers.
The Lumberjacks trailed 26-21 at the break but opened the second half on an 11-2 surge that included a dunk by Bogues and a 3-pointer by Fitzgerald to go ahead 32-28 with 14:52 left. A dunk by Harris capped a 13-5 run that pushed it to 58-48 with 2:23 remaining and the Lumberjacks held on for the win.
Updated January 2, 2019