East Tennessee St. rolls to 79-56 win over Furman
- Duke up to No. 1, Kentucky drops to 9th
- No. 9 Kentucky struggles by Utah Valley
- Winston speaks after No. 3 Spartans roll
- No. 10 Buckeyes start fast, rout Stetson
- Doughty, Wiley move No. 19 Auburn to 5-0
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) Jeromy Rodriguez scored 19 points with 11 rebounds and East Tennessee State rolled to 79-56 win over Furman in a Southern Conference matchup on Saturday afternoon.
East Tennessee State shot 60 percent from the field compared to 37 percent for the Paladins (12-2, 1-1), who took 22 shots from beyond the arc but made only five (23 percent).
The Buccaneers took an early lead on a Good 3-pointer four minutes in and they led all the way after that, building a 34-24 advantage at the break.
Williamson and Good drained 3-pointers early in the second half and N'Guessan added a dunk to help stretch the Buccaneers' lead to 52-36 with 14:19 to play.
Updated December 29, 2018