Gardner scores 27 with 13 boards as ECU beats NC A&T 77-57
- No. 2 Baylor rolls behind Mitchell's 31
- UConn postpones game vs. No. 3 Villanova
- Ballock has 29 as Creighton rallies late
- No. 13 Ohio State holds off Penn State
- Badgers nearly blow lead but beat Terps
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) Freshman Jayden Gardner had his fifth double-double of the season and Shawn Williams scored 18 points to help East Carolina beat N.C. A&T 77-57 on Friday night.
Fleming hit a 3-pointer, made a layup and had a tipin before Williams hit a 3 and LeDay added a layup to make it 12-2 and the Pirates led the rest of the way. Ibrahim Sylla's layup capped a 9-2 spurt that spanned halftime and trimmed NC A&T's deficit to 38-29 but Gardner made 1 of 2 free throws and, after an Aggies miss, Williams hit a 3-pointer to push the lead into double figures for good.
Milik Ganz had 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting for NC A&T (4-9). The rest of the Aggies made just 14 of 44 (32 percent) from the field.
Updated December 28, 2018