Ricks sparks Abilene Christian past SE Missouri St 70-68
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) Payten Ricks had a 3-point play and a 3-pointer in a late 8-1 run and Abilene Christian held off Southeast Missouri State 70-68 on Friday night.
Ledarrius Brewer topped the Redhawks (5-8) with 15 points and his dunk with 6:04 left to play gave SEMS its last lead at 56-55, setting the stage for Ricks. Skyler Hogan sank four 3-pointers and scored 14, while Jonathan Dalton contributed 13 points and tied his season-high with seven assists.
The Redhawks were whistled for 27 fouls and Abilene Christian sank 20 of 28 free throws. SEMS made 9 of 13 foul shots. The Redhawks hit 11 of 24 from beyond the arc (46 percent), while the Wildcats made just 4 of 15 from distance (27 percent).
Updated December 21, 2018