Livingston leads fast start; George Mason sinks Navy 84-63
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
- Florida's Mann back for sophomore season
- Ex-Penn St. G: Coach made noose remark
- Alabama agrees to 3 games with Memphis
- Houston athletics department cuts budget
Livingston shot 11 of 17 with four 3-pointers and the Patriots (6-6) never trailed. It was Kier's second straight double-double performance.
George Mason raced to a 20-7 lead as Livingston made a pair of 3s and a jump shot. Navy (3-7) went on a 7-0 run but never got closer. The Patriots led 39-22 at halftime, and later, Javon Greene's layup extended the margin to 65-42. Ian Boyd scored 12 points on 4-of-7 shooting from distance.
Hasan Abdullah scored 16 points for Navy, George Kiernan, 13 and Cam Davis 11. The Midshipmen were 20-of-60 shooting compared to George Mason's 29 of 56 (52 percent). The Patriots were 11 of 25 from beyond the 3-point arc.
It was the first matchup between the two teams since 1991.
Updated December 21, 2018