Jackson scores 23 points to lead Akron over Tennessee State
- Third party to hear Kansas hoops case
- Sankey: Uniform federal NIL law needed
- Sooners cut $13.7M from athletics budget
- Hall of Fame set to reopen with new look
- 2022 prep star commits to Mich. St.
Jackson and Utomi combined to make nine of the Zips' 13 3-pointers, Jackson making 4 of 8 and Utomi hitting on 5 of 8. The Zips (7-4) made 13 of 29 from distance and Tennessee State made just 5 of 18.
Tennessee State (3-7) was led in scoring and rebounding by Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey, who had 11 points and eight rebounds.
Tennessee State was within 12 points with 14:53 remaining in the second half. In the next four minutes Akron went on a 13-2 run, with Utomi scoring six points, for a 64-43 lead. The Zips led by at least 15 points the rest of the way.
Akron led 42-28 at halftime.
Updated December 18, 2018