Wichita State holds Jacksonville St. at bay with 69-65 win
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Grieving Winston keys No. 1 MSU's rout
- FSU tops No. 6 Florida, run in series 6
- Freshmen help No. 21 Arizona rip Illini
- Nwora, No. 5 Louisville beat Youngstown
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) Samajae Haynes-Jones scored 17 points and Markis McDuffie made the go-ahead jumper with 4:31 left and Wichita State beat Jacksonville State 69-65 on Wednesday night.
McDuffie missed 12 of 15 shot attempts, but after Haynes-Jones added a 3-pointer after his jump shot for a 64-60 lead, McDuffie made three free throws with 34 seconds left to create safe space for the Shockers (5-4). He finished with 11 points and nine rebounds. Jaime Echenique scored 12 points shooting 6 of 8 with seven rebounds.
Despite shooting 5 of 18 from 3-point range, the Shockers were 29 of 67 (43 percent) to 38 percent (24 of 63) for the Gamecocks.
Updated December 12, 2018