Troy sets arena scoring record in 88-43 win over Carver
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
TROY, Ala. (AP) Freshman Zay Williams scored a season-high 14 points and grabbed six rebounds and Troy beat Carver College 88-43 on Wednesday, setting a school record for the fewest points allowed inside of Trojan Arena.
The previous record was 50 by Texas State on March 8, 2014.
Troy opened with an 8-0 run and led 56-17 at halftime behind Williams' 12 points. KJ Simon's dunk capped a 16-4 run for a 52-point lead (75-23) with 13:15 left.
Troy shot 58 percent, made 7 of 20 3-pointers, and outscored the Cougars 50-22 in the paint.
Tyler Thornton scored 10 points for Carver (0-17), a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association.
Updated December 12, 2018