Towns' 23 points, 3-point play boosts Niagara to victory
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Cincy rolls to first win under Brannen
- Defense carries Georgia Tech past Elon
- Turner has 15-11 to spark Bowling Green
- Grieving Winston keys No. 1 MSU's rout
LEWISTON, N.Y. (AP) James Towns scored 23 points including a 3-point play with 21 seconds left and Niagara edged New Hampshire 71-67 on Sunday.
UNH (2-8) came back from a 10-point second-half deficit, taking a 67-66 lead on Marque Maultsby's two free throws in the final minute. Towns was fouled making a layup and added the free throw before Keleaf Tate added two more free throws with 5.6 seconds left after rebounding Maultsby's missed pull-up jumper.
Jayden Martinez scored 20 points with 13 rebounds with Maultsby and Jordan Reed adding 12 points each for the Wildcats, who had an early nine-point lead but trailed 32-29 at halftime.
Updated December 9, 2018