Trio combines for 62, Appalachian State tops Howard, 100-86
- No. 11 WVU edges No. 10 Texas Tech late
- Top of AP poll steady; 'Bama now top 10
- Texas coach Smart positive for COVID-19
- Hokies suspend G Radford indefinitely
- Hauser hits 7 3s as No. 8 UVa tops 'Cuse
BOONE, N.C. (AP) The trio of Justin Forrest, Ronhsad Shabazz and Tyrell Johnson combined for 62 points - 21, 21 and 20, respectively - and Appalachian State never trailed, topping Howard 100-86 Tuesday night in the first meeting between the teams.
RJ Cole and Charles Williams scored 19 points each for Howard (5-3), which has lost three of its last four games after starting the season 4-0.
Appalachian State made its first five shots to open the game, 10-4. Howard came as close as 15-12 before the Mountaineers built a double-digit lead, 28-18, midway through the opening period on back-to-back 3-pointers from Tyrell Johnson.
The Mountaineers out-rebounded the Bison 49-32 and blocked four shots.
Updated December 4, 2018