Abilene Christian remains undefeated, beats Howard Payne
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
- DePaul rips Iowa, off to 4-0 start
- Cincy rolls to first win under Brannen
ABILENE, Texas (AP) Joe Pleasant had 15 points and Payten Ricks added 14 as Abilene Christian remained undefeated, beating Division III Howard Payne 90-53 on Tuesday night.
Abilene Christian (7-0) is off to its best start since kicking off the 1998-99 season 11-0 on its way to a 20-win year in Division II play.
The Wildcats got off to a fast start, leading 17-10 at the midway point of the first half and taking a 45-25 lead into the break. They pushed the advantage to 58-33 after Ricks drilled a 3 with 14:22 left in the game. ACU outscored the Yellow Jackets 45-28 in the second half.
ACU will next play at Pepperdine on Saturday.
Jarvaris Jones led Howard Payne with 13 points.
Updated November 27, 2018