Vaugh scores 19, leads Rider past Coppin State 87-67
- No. 4 SDSU aims for 21-0 start at UNLV
- Virginia holds off Wake Forest in OT
- Williams passes Smith as UNC snaps skid
- No. 1 Baylor downs Gators, streak now 16
- No. 15 Kentucky tops No. 18 Texas Tech
Five Rider (1-1) players combined for nine steals and scored 26 points off 20 Coppin State turnovers, outscored the Eagles 22-12 on the fast break and had 19 assists. Kimar Williams led with six.
Justin Steers scored 16 points and had two shot-blocks to lead Coppin State, which has lost 11 in a row - six to end last season and five to start this one. The Eagles have played all five games on the road, including at Wisconsin, Navy and No. 4 Virginia. Lamar Morgan added 10 points and eight rebounds.
Rider returned the top six scorers from last season's team that won the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament.
Updated November 19, 2018