Prochet helps Niagara hold off Wyoming 72-67
- Duke up to No. 1, Kentucky drops to 9th
- Arkansas reinstates F Chaney from ban
- No. 9 Kentucky struggles by Utah Valley
- Winston speaks after No. 3 Spartans roll
- No. 10 Buckeyes start fast, rout Stetson
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) Marvin Prochet had 23 points and 12 rebounds on Friday night and Niagara held off Wyoming for a 72-67 win.
Chris Barton's 3-pointer with 2:45 left gave Niagara the lead for good at 64-61 and Prochet's jumper with 57 seconds made it 66-63. The Purple Eagles made all six free throws in the final 25 seconds.
Niagara (2-1) went on a 12-3 run to take its largest lead of the second half at 57-49 with 8:46 to go. The Cowboys answered with a 10-2 run to tie it at 59 and tied it again at 61.
Dominic Robb scored 13, and Barton and Raheem Solomon added 12 points each for Niagara.
Justin James had 23 points and eight rebounds, and Hunter Maldonado added 13 points and 15 rebounds for Wyoming.
Updated November 16, 2018