Pineiro scores 28, leads San Diego over UC Davis 76-57
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
- DePaul rips Iowa, off to 4-0 start
- Cincy rolls to first win under Brannen
DAVIS, Calif. (AP) Isaiah Pineiro scored 17 of his 28 points in the second half to help San Diego pull away and beat UC Davis 76-57 on Friday night.
San Diego (2-0) used a 19-9 run to stretch a six-point lead to 66-51 with six minutes left and UC Davis (0-2) didn't get closer. Pineiro scored six points and Yauhen Massalski capped the surge with a dunk.
Pineiro shot 11 of 19 from the field and had team-highs with eight rebounds and six assists. Olin Carter III added 16 points and Isaiah Wright 10 for the Toreros. The trio also combined for six 3-pointers.
Updated November 10, 2018