Franklin scores 25, Abilene Christian beats Arkansas St.
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
- Vols F Pons to return for senior season
- All-American Garza rejoins Iowa over NBA
- Pac-12 top scorer Martin returns to ASU
Franklin missed only two of 12 field-goal attempts and Lewis' rebound total was more than half (29) of all the boards collected by the entire Red Wolves team. Abilene Christian (2-0) built an 8-0 lead and never trailed. Jake Scoggins made a jumper and Ty Cockfield made a 3-pointer with 7:01 before halftime to reduce the Wildcats' lead to 28-22. But Abilene Christian proceeded to outscore Arkansas State (0-1) 20-11 the rest of the half for a 15-point lead. ACU led by double digits the rest of the way.
Cockfield scored 24 points and J.J. Matthews made all seven of his field goals for 15 points for Arkansas State.
Updated November 9, 2018