Florida A&M runs away from Jacksonville in opener, 65-50
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
- Ex-Penn St. G: Coach made noose remark
- Alabama agrees to 3 games with Memphis
- Top hoops prospect picks HBCU Howard
- UCLA AD Jarmond faces many challenges
The Rattlers were 15 of 31 from the field and built a 21-point lead after 20 minutes, 35-14, and cruised to the victory.
Florida A&M hit 26 of 53 from the field, including 6 of 13 from distance. Meanwhile the Dolphins shot just 29 percent (15 of 52) from the floor, hitting 1 of 17 from beyond the arc, in their home debut.
Kamron Reaves and M.J. Randolph each added 10 points for Florida A&M and Hector Tracy pulled down eight boards.
Hogan Jace and David Bell each scored 12 points and Bell grabbed nine boards to lead Jacksonville, which converted 19 of 22 from the free-throw line.
Each team committed 23 turnovers.
Updated November 6, 2018